Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Twinkle Knits Experience


Well, now that I'm on Ravelry I have found a lot more knitting patterns to inspire me. I fell in love with the "Incredible Skirt" pattern from "Twinkle's Big City Knits". I then checked the book out of the library, perused, and decided to start with something a little easier - the "Evening Shell". I was disappointed to find so much errata (and vague instructions - not fun when you're not an experienced knitter). However, thanks to the advice of some other Ravelry members, this went smoothly overall. This was my first cabled project - not hard, just some getting used to. I used two skeins of Lion Brand Thick and Quick, making this quite affordable. I LOVED being able to finish something so quickly (I have way too many incomplete projects lying around), and I think the end result is pretty cute!

Here's to getting more projects done in 2010!

No comments: