Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rainy Day Projects - Part Two

[Prologue: We are trapped inside for a weekend by the weather gods and I decide to go all crafty]

Ok, so this project stinks!

I made this little guy from a needle-felting kit I got from superbuzzy.com. I have been ogling the site for months now and finally made a purchase (offline - haha) when I saw her at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco.

His name is Scherzo and he now lives atop my piano where he actively listens to all my students and judges them more harshly than I ever would.

As with other needle felt projects, the quest for perfection can lead to hours of work. Thankfully I have a good movie to watch in the background, so I didn't mind the three tries it took to get the legs to work. The eyes are blue seed beads.

Kiri, oh Kiri... This bunny seemed a good idea at the time - two years ago when I bought "The Cute Book" and began the cute work, cutting out the pieces, only to let them sit around unfinished until now!

She's made out of simple craft felt and embroidery floss. Kiri sits among my tea cup collection, away from the cats (a recent knit project - a mouse no less - got dragged to the edge of the litter box for safe keeping, grrr.)

No comments: