Monday, January 18, 2010

Rainy Day Projects - Part One

It's raining, it's pouring (and yes, Andrew snores).

The weatherman told me to stay inside this weekend, so I took it upon myself to get through a few craft projects.

Because of my teaching schedule, I rarely get the whole day to devote to crafty goodness.

So with the un-welcomed help of the cats, I tried to get through as many as I could.

Here are the results. I am pleased:

I used some scrap yarn for this Poppy project on the right - I can never find a good project to get ride of small bits of yarn and was pleased to find this one by Lesley Stanfield.

I like the richness of the Paton’s Classic Wool red. I think the green was Vanna’s Choice, and then the black I’m not sure. I fastened it onto a hair clip for a pre-Spring pick me up!

The purple Anemone was also a great use of some leftover yarn. I didn’t have any DK yarn, as the pattern suggested, but went ahead with worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles.

This made it pretty tight a few times, but everything turned out the way I wanted it. I plan on using it for a brooch/pin for a belt made out of a piece of velvet I found.

Both of these took almost no time. I made them while watching the animated film Spirited Away that I had never seen before. I'm planning my trip to Japan and I am super excited!


I wasn't the only one stuck inside all day and so Andrew tried his hand at needle felting again. He had done it before and told me he enjoyed it -- but darn it if he isn't rather good at it too!

He made these two hearts above and got them to stick together (just by needle felting them) and then I attached a pin backing to the whole thing. Super cute!








No comments: